JigsawPlus has launched a fun Buy-A-Brick approach to raising funds for the imaginative and inspiring new Centre for Lifelong Learning for adults with autism, offering brick keyrings and other goodies for different levels of donation.
More than £370,000 has been raised for the £561,000 project, enabling the 11,500-square-feet building to be completed and have a first fit. It will replace the current temporary accommodation and enable JigsawPlus to extend its services to 40 clients. A project update was presented to Jigsaw parents and supporters at a recent event attended by the Mayors of Waverley and Guildford.
The Buy-A-Brick scheme is part of the campaign to raise the rest of the funding needed to complete the fitting-out and furnishing ready for a full opening early next year.
Donations made at different levels via Justgiving will qualify for gifts and other recognition:
- £1-£24 (Apprentice): a big thank-you for your donation!
- £25+ (Tradesman): a colourful brick keyring
- £100+ (Foreman): keyring and a customisable jigsaw piece that will be displayed in reception
- £500+ (Inspector): keyring, jigsaw piece, certificate of appreciation and hand-made thank-you card from our clients
- £1,000+ (Architect): all the above and an invitation to a champagne reception at the opening of the new centre.