JigsawPlus has launched a fun Buy-A-Brick approach to raising funds for the new Centre for Lifelong Learning for adults with autism, offering brick keyrings and other goodies for different levels of donation.
More than £370,000 has been raised for the £561,000 project, enabling the 11,500-square-feet building to be completed and have a first fit. It will replace the current temporary accommodation and enable JigsawPlus to extend its services to 40 clients. A project update was presented to Jigsaw parents and supporters last month at an event attended by the Mayors of Waverley and Guildford.
The Buy-A-Brick scheme is part of the campaign to raise the rest of the funding needed to complete the fitting-out and furnishing ready for a full opening early next year.
Donations made at different levels via Justgiving will qualify for gifts and other recognition:
- £1-£24 (Apprentice): a big thank-you for your donation!
- £25+ (Tradesman): a colourful brick keyring
- £100+ (Foreman): keyring and a customisable jigsaw piece that will be displayed in reception
- £500+ (Inspector): keyring, jigsaw piece, certificate of appreciation and hand-made thank-you card from our clients
- £1,000+ (Architect): all the above and an invitation to a champagne reception at the opening of the new centre.